Children in the Daventry area are being asked to exercise their artistic skills by coming up with a creative design for a new logo.
The design competition is today being launched to encourage school children in Daventry (whether in school or currently learning at home) to come up with a new logo for Operation Unite.
Operation Unite has been running for two years and is a project aimed at cutting anti-social behaviour, fly-tipping and arson in the Daventry area. It’s all about keeping Daventry both safe and tidy.
The work of Operation Unite involves many different partners coming together to help tackle these issues. These partners include Daventry District Council, Northamptonshire Police, Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service, Daventry Town Council, Northamptonshire Emergency Services volunteers as well as town centre businesses and volunteers.
Tip for entering the Operation Unite – Daventry Together logo design competition :
We are looking for designs that reflect something about the work of Operation Unite.
Think about ideas such as:
- The emergency services
- Communities working together or
- Clean, green, rubbish-free places
Points to remember when creating your designs:
1) Either print the attached sheet (click on the ‘logo competition’ link below to download) and design your logo in the circle or, if you don’t have a printer, draw your own circle neatly and create your logo design inside it.
2) Make sure you write your name and age on the sheet of paper.
3) In your design **please use no more than three colours**
4) Ask an adult to photograph your design and email it in to: email@example.com by midday on Monday, July 6.
Community Safety Officer Lindsay Checkley, at Daventry District Council, said: “Whether children are currently learning at home or in school, we hope we receive plenty of entries to our competition.
“The chosen entry will be used in the future as the official logo for Operation Unite, so this is an important task and I can’t wait to see what children in the Daventry area come up with!”
Not only will the winner see their design being used as the Operation Unite logo and potentially printed on high vis wear and caps, but there will also be a prize for the winning entry. Good luck!